Premier Recruitment Solutions require a permanent Stock Controller to work within a Warehouse business unit in Crawley, West Sussex. To start immediately.
Responsible for managing all inventory control related activities, and responsibility for working with all departments to ensure necessary functions are carried out correctly. Execution of inventory control measures to ensure the company minimises stock holding and maximises stock system and paperwork accuracy
- Develop the company’s inventory management strategy with the aim of controlling costs within budgetary limits, generating savings, rationalising inventory and maximising available working capital
- Manage and maintain the company’s material and stocked product inventory including stock profiles and stock locations
- Manage and control perpetual inventory, cycle counting and inventory accuracy checks
- Minimise overstocks and removal of obsolete / redundant materials to maximize availability of working capital
- Ensure stock control is well organised and controlled to sufficiently support the goals of the business.
- Ensure product is managed appropriately according to company procedure.
- Ensure that any materials that are late for whatever reason are chased and followed up until received.
- Provide routine management information on inventory performance
- Check and adjust warehouse data collection
- Ensure Kits are correct and fully completed and that all stock has been allocated to the job correctly.
- Ensure integrity and accuracy of the stock management system
- Be responsible for managing and running planned stock takes.
- Write and maintain accurate written procedures for all main inventory control processes and functions.
- Implement improvement processes and systems to reduce inventory, minimise costs and maximize working capital
- Produce daily reports to ensure key critical areas of the stock system are controlled and discrepancies addressed and resolved.
- Manage control measures to ensure mistakes, inaccuracies and discrepancies are highlighted, addressed and resolved.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Have a detailed understanding of MRP and inventory control / management systems and ERP.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills for a demanding and customer focused working environment.
- Possess excellent personal organisation and business administration skills in accordance with modern best practice methods.
- Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently & effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality.
- Possess the willingness to learn, improve and adapt.
- Experience of lean manufacture, kanban and kaizen continuous improvement or similar production tools within a high volume, distribution facility would be an advantage
- Previous QA experience
- Previous experience of light building parts distribution
- Ideally possessing a relevant professional qualification and/or suitable background experience in inventory management / purchasing
- £32,000 – £35,000 Per Annum
- Flexible Working Hours
- 20 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme
For further information please call Leigh-Anne on 01293 518986 or simply apply below
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £32,000.00 to £35,000.00 /year